Yes, I’ve neglected the blog and a few people have given me crap about it. I have just been too busy to write things down! A ton has been happening though so I’ll do a quick recap.
- We’ve been traveling a ton. We had our second trip to Austin for the 3m Half at the end of January. Courtney took a huge chunk of time off her PR. As always, it was super fun to be in Austin again. We also got to head down to Crested Butte to time a nordic ski race. That was a blast and I’d love to give it a go next year.
- I decided to spoil Courtney and take her to New York City for her birthday a few weekends ago. It was a pretty short trip, just 3 nights, but we crammed a ton of stuff in. We did a few of the typical tourist things, saw the 9/11 memorial and ran around most of Manhattan. One thing I will say is that the memorial is much different than I expected. I love it architecturally but it’s just not the same as seeing the cleanup. I know we need to move on but the scenes from the cleanup that I saw in 2003-2005 had a bigger impact on me than the memorial. I don’t know what to think, just my initial reaction. Definitely worth seeing tho. Aside from that, we actually got to go back to Lehigh the final day. Stopped in at the Goose and had the sandwich that is named after me. Missed that place and Lehigh more than I thought! I’ll send you to cisforcourtney.com for more pictures on that one.
- I meant to do a full post on this but I of course missed out on timing again. I am now running for the Runners Roost Mountain/Ultra Elite team. This is a change from the last few years when I was running with Mile High Track Club but I think it will be a good fit. I know our team is awesome and fun and we always have a blast. It is fun being part of such a large team again, kinda feels like high school or college again. The Mountain/Ultra team is sponsored by Mizuno and our kits are SWEET. Can’t wait to put mine on this weekend for Running of the Green!
- Next weekend we’re heading to Moab for the Canyonlands 1/2 marathon. Last year was an awesome weekend despite the winds blowing like crazy during the race. This year we’re not city camping. I know, disappointing but we did find a pretty sweet hotel for the second night at least. Fun thing about this year’s trip is that it is also St. Patrick’s day. I’m sure we’ll be out causing trouble. It’s also one of our teammate’s birthdays so we’ll be extra crazy because of that! No real goals for this weekend but I’d like to do better than last year’s 1:18. Had some good mile repeats last night so I’m feeling more confident in my speed than I have been.
- The wedding planning has finally come to a point where we’re not worried anymore about trying to fit everything in. Just need to finalize details with the caterer and baker for the cake and we should be set! May 19th is coming up fast but we’re ready for it!
- I’m sure there are other things I’m missing but I can’t remember them right now. I’ll try to post more often though!